Now Hiring – Paid Spring 2020 Intern
PAID SPRING 2020 INTERNSHIP
AfP is seeking a part-time dynamic intern to support our vital Policy and Communications and Membership work. Duties will include assisting with the bi-weekly AfP newsletter, supporting social media presence, updating the website, supporting research on policy initiatives, and other membership research tasks as needed. The intern will report directly to the Manager for Policy and Communications.
The internship is 15 to 20 hours a week and will accommodate a flexible schedule. The proposed timeframe is January 27, 2020 to May 1, 2020 with the possibility of an extension.
- Undergraduate or graduate (preferred) student studying international affairs, conflict resolution or a related subject;
- Strong computer and social media skills, including administering Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linked In sites;
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to AfP’s mission of harnessing collective action for peace;
- Proactive, independent and team-oriented work ethic;
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail;
- Professional workplace experience;
- Ability manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines; and
- Knowledge and familiarity with Congress Plus, Canva, Photoshop, and InDesign a plus.
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of 3 references to: email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: January 3, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with the position to be filled as soon as a well-qualified person is identified.